Many of us throughout our lives would’ve partaken within a sporting activity in fact 55% of high school students take part in a sport whether it being a team sport or individual, whether It being competitive or just for fun. However, many fail to see the benefits it would’ve brought into our lives.
#1 BUILDING CHARACTER VALUES
#2 HEALTHY SOCIALIZING
#3 BETTER GRADES
#4 SPORTS TEACH YOU LIFE – LONG LESSONS
#5 TIME MANAGEMENT
- BUILDING CHARACTER VALUES
- Sport as whole helps our personality and character grow as we’re faced with many different situations. Playing sports can help with honesty, communication and dedication. It teaches us how to be disciplined and teaches us the importance of hard-work to achieve the end goal. Experiencing wins can teach children how to be humble and it can teach children to not be discouraged when faced with failure but rather to keep on going.
- HEALTHY SOCIALIZING
- Many studies have shown that children that take part in sports are less likely to use drugs and smoke and gear them towards a healthier adulthood. It can help develop lifelong friendships which is important especially as children grow up, as it’s a good way to get a break from school friends.
- BETTER GRADES
- Those who play sports show that they perform better taking standardised testing and have a much lower dropout rate and a much more increased chance of getting into college. Playing sports releases healthy hormones such as endorphins which immediately relax the player. It also contributes to a healthier sleeping pattern as more energy is burnt out throughout the day meaning less sleepless nights.
- SPORTS TEACH YOU LIFE – LONG LESSONS
- Sports can help you with discipline and dedication. It teaches you the importance of being able to maintain your responsibilities and can make you work collaboratively. It can help boost your confidence as by joining team sports such as basketball, football etc. will help with socialising skills which are important to have, as these skills will help children when applying to jobs and having interviews. Even taking part in individual sports such as Gymnastics can help boost confidence, as you’re surrounded by your teammates during competition and training. It can combat loneliness especially if a child if having trouble making friends in school.
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- It teaches children the importance of having a balance between everything not just focusing only on school or sport. It allows you to organise your time effectively, which in the long – term can help players in the future where they may need to balance jobs and school in order to pay for tuition. Most companies want to hire people with a real good time management as it’s not something that most people can do.